Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Summer Fae


This tut is written for those with a basic knowledge of psp. I use psp 10.

Supplies needed:
Tube of choice.
I used the fae included in scrapkit.

Scrap kit of choice.
I used A Fae For All Seasons (Summer) from Oopsie Daisy.
Available for purchase at TSD.

Mask of choice.
I used Mask 26 from Urban Fairytales.
----------------------

Let's get started :)
1. Gather your supplies and open your psp. Open a new file size 600 x 600 pixels. Flood fill with white. Take paper of choice (I used paper 3), paste as a new layer.

2. Create new mask layer, make sure 'Invert mask data' is checked if you use the same mask as me. Merge layer group. Give layer a drop shadow.

3. Select frame of choice and past as a new layer above the merged layer group. (I used frame 2 resized to 70%). Use your magic wand select inside frame, go to selections - modify - expand - 4.

4. Take another paper and paste it as a new layer below the merged mask layer (I used paper 7) Invert selection (ctrl/shift/I) then hit delete, and select none (ctrl/D). resize the layer to 90%, give layer a drop shadow.

5. Use your magic wand select the outside edge of frame.

6. Take another paper (I used paper 10) and paste it as a new layer below the layer you were just working with. Cut selection (ctrl/x) and select none (ctrl/D). Give layer a drop shadow.

7. Delete frame layer (this will give you a mutli layer/color background for your tag).

8. Paste your tube as a new layer. Re size and position to your liking. Apply drop shadow to your tube.

9. I used the bridge which is also included in the scrapkit, resized to 60% and placed behind the fae.

10. Paste a couple of the elements, position them to your liking, resize if needed. Give them a drop shadow.

11. Crop and resize tag to your liking (if you prefer a smaller tag like me).

12. Add your name at the bottom of tag, I used Today font at 117 pixels. apply drop shadow.

13. Add in any artist, copyright, & license info and voila! Your tag is done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment