Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jewel


This tut is written for those with a basic knowledge of psp. I use psp 10.

Supplies needed:
Tube of choice.
I used the work of Alayna Magnan. Available for purchase from CILM

Scrap kit of choice.
I used Jewels of India from HezaScraps. (She has cool tagger kits - you should check her out!)

Mask of choice.
I used PGEframe from unknown source.
----------------------

Let's get started :)
1. Gather your supplies and open your psp. Open a new file size 600 x 600 pixels. Flood fill with white. Take paper of choice (I used paper 17), paste as a new layer.

2. Create new mask layer, make sure 'Invert mask data' is checked if you use the same mask as me. Merge layer group. I also resized the layer to 80%.

3. Select frame of choice and past as a new layer above the merged layer group. (I used frame 8). I also colored my frame to 'match' with my tube better. To do this, go to Adjust - Hue & Saturation - Colorize - Hue: 0, Saturation: 92.

4. Use your magic wand select inside frame, go to selections - modify - expand - 4.

5. Take another paper and paste it as a new layer above the merged layer and below the frame. (I used the moon2 element) Invert selection (ctrl/shift/I) then hit delete, and select none (ctrl/D).

6. Repeat #4-5 until all openings of the frame have been done.

7. Click on frame layer go to Adjust - Sharpness - unsharpen mask - Radius 1, Strength 64, Clipping 4. Give frame drop shadow, merge layer down. Repeat merge layer until all sections of the frame are merged with selections made in steps 4-6.

8. Paste your tube as a new layer above the frame. Re size and position to your liking. Apply drop shadow to your tube.

9. Paste ribbon (I used bow 8) above your tube, position at bottom of frame, apply drop shadow.

10. Paste a couple of the plant elements below the ribbon but above the frame, position them to the lower right corner of the frame. I resized mine 80%. Give them a drop shadow.

11. Paste a flower element below frame layer. Depending on the size, you may want to resize. Use your move tool to shift it to the left slightly to make it visible. (I used flower 5). Give it a drop shadow.

12. Paste frame 1 above flower layer, use move tool to position it to the left over the flower. I resized mine 80%.

13. Paste snake element above ribbon layer, position to the bottom left corner of tag. Give drop shadow. Duplicate layer and mirror, use move tool to shift duplicated layer to lower right hand corner of frame. Repeat this at top corners of frame (see sample).

14. Crop and resize tag to your liking (if you prefer a smaller tag).

15. Add your name at the bottom of tag, I used Stylin' BRK font at 72 pixels. apply drop shadow.

16. Add in any artist, copyright, & license info and voila! Your tag is done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment